Tuesday, June 25, 2013

DC Trip (Day 3) Sunday Reflection: Sushi & Core Main Values

I'm not really sure why God allowed me to come here, but I am thankful for the time away from NC. I feel like the days go by too fast here.

Sunday: June 23, 2013
 
I was not able to get to church because she said that her church canceled for the day. She attends a church much like mine.
 
So, instead we went out to eat at this really nice Chinese/Japanese mixed restaurant. The food was good. There I tried dragon sushi rolls. I did not know that I liked sushi, but I guess I do now.
 
 
 
Later in the evening she and I went to the grocery store so we could pick up a few things for me to snack on while she is at work.
 
 
When we were about to leave we ran into two Bulgarian life guards who were just the sexiest ever. They surely don't make sexy men like that. As I was putting the cart away I introduced myself and that's when I found out one of their names and where he was from.
 
 
You know the kind of guys that I always talk about dating but never get a chance to meet? Well they were those types. Tall, muscular, accents, gorgeous eyes... straight out of a erotica novel haha
 
 
 
 
The boundary:
 
I have to admit that even before I became a queen through Christ I was limited to what I could do. I was never really good at dating, but I always made an awesome girlfriend. It is always the initial start that takes so long to get, but once we get started then things are great. Once he learns my how I am and what I won't tolerate (liars and cowards) then everything runs smoothly from there...
 
But the beginning is always the hardest part...
 
 
This walk with Christ has not been easy, but it has been worth it. I can say that wholeheartedly. I went from doing what I wanted to now being patient and waiting for God to tell me what he wants me to do.
 
Patience? HaHa Good ol' patience. One of the most difficult lessons I have ever had to learn even more than getting over a heart break.
 
 
The truth is, no matter how handsome, intelligent, rich etc a man is I just can't be with any man. He has to be a man on fire for Gods love. He has to love God more than I do. He has to eat, breathe, think, feel, etc in Gods love and truth.
 
Because if he does not it won't work...
 
I have reflected on this for awhile and I realized that most of my past relationships did not last because we did not match at the core.
 
So sure, we had many things in common, but at the core of who I am a compassionate heart, honest and in love with God, they disagreed with.
 
 
So now I tell myself that any man I get involved with as to match me on a deeper level:
 
He has to match my strength in spirit
And my compassionate heart
And my love for God
And my honesty
 
 
Those are the four things as far as the main core values are concerned that are a deal breaker. The only problem is, now I have to stick to those things.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment