Tuesday, December 15, 2015

"That's Not Who You Really Are..." (How Would You Know?)

When you are strong, people assume that that is how you always are and always will be. 
But that is far from the truth. Those who are considered to be strong in spirit get tired too. They go through bad days and confused emotions just liked everyone else, but they don't necessarily show them as often as others.



So...

People often disappoint themselves when they assume, instead of "know." Whatever happen to "getting to know" someone? I feel as though that very important step has been taken out of the "relationship" process. 

When people assume that someone is a certain way, they set themselves up for disappointment. What if you think someone is a perfect angel and then they do something that you don't agree with? Well (in my experiences) that automatically makes you not want to further get to know them. Then the judgments come in. 

Then you start to assume the worst about someone, based off of that one moment in time. 

People assume that because I like makeup, dressing up and wearing high heels that it automatically makes me "superficial..." *how sad*

Why can't I enjoy looking good for myself? 
Why can't I like enhancing the beauty that God gave me with a little eyeliner or lip gloss? 
Why can't I enjoy wearing whatever makes me feel the most beautiful? 

Someone once said to me: "That's not who you really are..." At first I took it as a joke. They didn't mean anything by it, but then I realized that they were referring to my character and that is when things turned a bit serious and analytical in conversation.

If you took the time to read my writings, listen to my songs, ask me about my day or what I'm thinking then they could have an honest opinion about who they think I am. But, they don't even know who they are, so how are you going to tell me about myself? 

People just need to take time out to get all the information before they jump to conclusions and or assume anything about anyone. You don't know what they have been through to get to where they are today. You don't know what struggles they had to face or what lessons they had to learn in order to be just: okay. Then who are they to judge, even once they know what you have been through how can they or anyone for that matter judge your life? 

The most anyone should ever aspire to do is be understanding when it comes to the lives of others. But, more importantly they should just live their own life and do what makes them happy. We as humans spend too much time worrying about the lives of others, because we think that our own lives don't need improvement once we reach the level we consider to be "successful." But success if objective. One persons definition of success, might not mean the same thing as the next persons' so it would be wise just to respect the journey of every person that we meet and be as understanding as possible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment